Monday, July 18, 2011

Wedding guests get food poisoning

Last week, shortly after declaring the entire wedding world boring, I got hideous food poisoning that took me out for the rest of the week. Because my mind is always in the wedding gutter, I was in a cold sweat, barfing my guts up and thinking "I wonder how many times people have gotten food poisoning at a wedding reception?". I Googled it - it happens all the time! Here's the most recent case:

Ninety-two people were hospitalized on Saturday in the northwestern province of Düzce [Turkey] shortly after sharing the same wedding dinner, leading to suspicions of food poisoning.

The Anatolia news agency reported that they were served chicken and pilaf at a wedding in the neighborhood of Aziziye. The 92 people all went to the hospital with complaints of nausea and vomiting. They were then diagnosed with food poisoning. The victims have been receiving treatment at various hospitals in Düzce.

I love that he's on his phone. I got food poisoning and double-eliminated right on the dance floor. Can you believe that?

Meanwhile, officials from the Düzce Provincial Agriculture Directorate took samples from the wedding meal to further investigate. Officials from the Düzce Provincial Health Directorate also took samples from the water the guests drank in order to find out if it was the water that had caused them to be ill.

If this happened at my wedding, I would feel so awful. Brides always worry about things that will ruin their wedding day, and truly this is one of them.

Eat safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.